Bold Block Stripe Polyester Fabric
Bold Block Stripe Polyester Fabric. This medium weight semi opaque polyester has a smooth fluid quality about it which allows it to drape, gather and ripple nicely, making it ideal for lose fitting garments or designs where you would need to shape the fabric into cowl necks or ruching.
The contemporary design printed on this fabric could be used in either a flat design where you can see the full block design of the fabric, such as cushion covers or a fitted shirt, or a design which uses the fabric in a more fluid way, this would change the look of the print into a more complex interweaving of colours. The print comprises of blocks of four colours and four monotones, all measuring 2.8 cm across and varying in length between 15 cm and 28 cm.
The four colours used are bright lemon yellow, mint sorbet, fresh peach and cornflower blue, the monotones are slate grey silver grey black and white.
This fabric is 44 inches wide.
- Lightweight polyester
- Non absorbent
- Does not crease easily
- No stretch, taut horizontally and vertically
- Slight give on the bias
- Soft and comfortable
- Use fine pins
- French/plain seams recommended
- Overlocking/zig-zag stitching of seams recommended
- Universal machine needle to sew
- Sharps needle to hand finish
- Cool wash before use
- Steam iron on a wool setting
- Perfect for shirts and blouses
- Could be used for home décor
- Great for trousers and skirts if appropriately lined