Renaissance Print Polyester Fabric
Renaissance Print Polyester Fabric. This opulent renaissance style print is made from a polyester blend that gives it a slight soft appearance to the fabric, almost giving the impression of a matte satin.
The monochrome shades in the fabric vary from shades of steel grey, silver grey white and black. The fabric is medium weight, has a strong crisp feel and does not crease easily, it holds no stretch at all except a minimum amount on the bias but the crisp feel of the fabric will lend itself to numerous projects, dressmaking or around the home. The design of the print takes its inspiration from the scrolling artwork often found in paintings, wood and masonry carvings, jewellery and etchings as far back as the imperial Rome era, and running throughout history, in particular during the renaissance era of 1400 to 1700.
This flowing pattern has been around for centuries, and was widely used amongst wealth and aristocracy, so much so that it has become synonymous with a visual opulence and grandeur.
This fabric is 58 inches wide.
- Medium weight polyester
- Non absorbent
- Does not crease easily
- No stretch, taut horizontally and vertically
- Slight give on the bias
- Soft and comfortable
- Use fine pins
- French/plain seams recommended
- Overlocking/zig-zag stitching of seams recommended
- Universal machine needle to sew
- Sharps needle to hand finish
- Cool wash before use
- Steam iron on a wool setting
- Perfect for shirts and blouses
- Could be used for home décor
- Great for trousers and skirts if appropriately lined