Seersucker Striped Polyester Fabric
Seersucker Striped Polyester Fabric. This fabric is a softly rippled seersucker polyester, woven into three uniform stripes measuring 3.5 cm each with a interlinking thinner stripe of 5 mm in between each stripe.
There are just three shades used in the fabric, gentle tones of pale shy violet, mint breeze and smoke grey, the interlinking thin stripes are in white with very fine lines of the same shades woven through.
The fabric could easily be used horizontally, vertically or diagonally, and could lend its self to clothing, craft or interior design projects. Because of its structure, the fabric falls in a crisp manner when scrunched up, yet if you follow the direction of the seersucker lines, the fabric easily falls into soft pleats.
This fabric is 54 inches wide.
- Lightweight polyester
- Non absorbent
- Does not crease easily
- No stretch, taut horizontally and vertically
- Slight give on the bias
- Soft and comfortable
- Use fine pins
- French/plain seams recommended
- Overlocking/zig-zag stitching of seams recommended
- Universal machine needle to sew
- Sharps needle to hand finish
- Cool wash before use
- Steam iron on a wool setting
- Perfect for shirts and blouses
- Could be used for home décor
- Great for trousers and skirts if appropriately lined