The Avid Seamstress • The Sheath Dress • Beginner - Intermediate
The Sheath Dress is a gorgeously draped garment with a flattering round neckline, elasticated waist and an invisible zip at the back. Your options are endless; make this dress with short or mid-length sleeves, with inner pockets or without.
New to sewing? No worries! With minimal pieces to cut out and the option to create a looser fit without the elastic waist, this is a dress you’ll love to wear year-round.
Lightweight to medium weight fabrics are perfect for this pretty dress. Not suitable for stripes, diagonals or plaids. Always allow extra fabric to match one way designs.
Fabric (at least 128cm wide), thread, 40cm/16" invisible zip, 1 metre elastic (max 25mm wide).
- Pattern printed on high quality pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All of this is encased in a big, beautiful re-closeable envelope!